The Lindsay Lane Baptist Church membership holds the following statement of faith to be the basic foundation on which this church was founded. This statement of faith presents the truths which reflect the hearts of its members. Each member is committed to the studying of God's Word and the practical application of its principles to our lives.
1. We believe the Bible to be the authoritative Word of God (literally God-breathed), inerrant,
verbally inspired, and infallible.
2. We believe there is one true God, manifested eternally in three distinct Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, the second person of the Trinity, Who possesses all the divine attributes, and is co-equal, co-existent, and co-eternal with the Father. We believe in Christ's virgin birth and that He was God incarnate (both God and man) for the purpose of revealing the Father, redeeming men, and ruling over God's kingdom. Jesus accomplished man's redemption by the vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood and sacrificial death on the cross. By His literal, physical resurrection from the dead and His ascension to the right hand of the Father, the sinner is justified. We believe Jesus to be the mediator between God and man Who will return in Glory to judge all mankind.
4. We believe the Holy Spirit is the third member of the Trinity possessing all the divine attributes with the Father and the Son. The Holy Spirit is the supernatural and sovereign agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into the body of Christ at the moment of conversion. The Holy Spirit indwells, sanctifies, instructs, and empowers all believers for spiritual service.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit. Who administers spiritual gifts to each believer for the purpose of equipping the saints and for the building up of the body of Christ.
6. We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and lost; the saved to eternal life, the lost to everlasting punishment.
7. We believe that all who put their faith in Jesus Christ are placed by the Holy Spirit into the spiritual body of believers known as "the church", with Christ established as the head. The purpose of the church is to glorify God by the teaching and instruction of the Word, by providing fellowship, and by fulfilling the Great Commission to reach the world for Jesus Christ.
8. We believe that man is a sinner and that the penalty for sin is eternal separation from the Father. We believe that eternal life is a free gift of grace bestowed upon each repentant sinner who responds in faith to the provision of salvation from Jesus Christ. Regeneration is instantaneous and is accomplished solely by the power of the Holy Spirit. Genuine regeneration will manifest itself by righteous attitudes, edifying conduct, and good works to the extent that each believer submits themselves to the control of the Holy Spirit.
9. We believe that the eternal security of the true believer will endure to the end. Those who have accepted and received God's grace through Jesus Christ, being sanctified and sealed by His Holy Spirit, will never fall away from the state of grace. The believer may yield to sin through temptation and neglect, grieving the Holy Spirit, and bringing temporal judgment on themselves, yet they shall be kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation.
10. We believe in Christian baptism of the believer by immersion, in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. It is an act of obedience symbolizing the believer's faith in a crucified, buried, and risen Savior.